Linda’s Bio

Hi, my name is Linda Hall. I am a registered nurse in the ICU department at King’s Daughter’s Hospital  (KDH). I have been a registered nurse for 8 years and KDH has been my place of employment for the last 16 years. I began working as a CNA on the Transitional Care Unit; it was there I decided to return to school to obtain my RN. Before I graduated, I transferred to the medical surgical and telemetry unit for the experience. After graduating with my ASN, I continued to work med surg for 3 years before transferring to ICU. Prior to working at KDH, I worked as a home heath aide for 5 years. I have worked my way up over the years and here I go again, working my way up the educational ladder.

I obtained my ASN degree from Ivy Tech and now working on my BSN through Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus (IUPUC) with the help of Indiana University East (IUE). I learned of the London Nursing Leadership Experience class through IUE and right away started working on enrolling. Without regret, I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have already learned so much about London’s health care system and the differences in their nursing practice compared to ours in the US. I am looking forward to our trip to London where I know I will gain a great deal of information about their nursing education as we spend time with the Royal College of Nursing, learn more about Florence Nightingale as we visit the Florence Nightingale Museum and Trust, and expand my knowledge of the history of the National Health Service. I am very excited to make this once-in-a-lifetime journey!

20151019_142522

About iuelondonexperience

One thought on “Linda’s Bio