Mary Jo’s Bio

My name is Mary Jo, my friends and coworkers call me MJ. My career started when I was in High School, I worked as a CNA in a nursing home. I was influenced to choose the nursing field by my mother, she was a CNA and worked very hard. I graduated from the LPN program at IVY Tech Community College in Madison IN in 2002. I had two children and returned for my ASN and graduated from IVY Tech in 2008. After completion of the BSN program in 2016, I plan on continuing my education through IUE. I have worked at King’s Daughters’ Health for 12 years. I started on Med/Surg telemetry unit, then transferred to Intensive Care, and now I am a House Shift Supervisor. In my leisure time I enjoy spending time with family, watching my children’s sport activities, weight training, and just working outdoors on our property with my husband. I look forward to this opportunity to study abroad and compare the United State’s Affordable Health Care Act to the UK’s free health care system, converse with the health care workers and students at the facilities we visit, and the time for independent study that we will have to explore London on our own. This experience will appreciably impact my current nursing practice.

About iuelondonexperience