Rachel Rose’s Bio

Meet Rachel Rose- below is her nursing journey!

Rachel Rose- Currently I am a Nurse Manager for the pain management center at Fayette Regional Hospital in Connersville, Indiana. I am a 2011 graduate of the IU East baccalaureate nursing program. Also I am currently enrolled in the Masters of Nursing Administration program with a graduation date of May 2016. I have worked for two other hospitals in my time as an RN. I first worked at Ball Memorial as a staff RN on a cardiac telemetry unit. On this unit I was a preceptor for new staff members and gained a great knowledge base for my next position. After leaving Ball I transitioned to a job as a staff nurse in the Intensive Care Unit at Reid Health Hospital. While at Reid I was able to be involved in several areas. I was co-moderator of the patient experience committee and a member of the Ebola preparedness response team. While at Reid I was a preceptor for several new team members. During my time at Reid I also worked as a full time charge nurse. This role required response to every code and rapid response in the facility, allowed for interaction between all units and departments, and proved to be very rewarding. I am certified in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, Neonatal Resuscitation, Trauma Nursing Core Course Certification, and Pediatric Resuscitation. I am looking forward to London for many reasons. I am excited to speak with nurses from a different country and compare and contrast the ways in which we practice. Hearing about their national health care plan should be very interesting. 
I am excited to visit the Royal College of Nursing and to be able to study the history of nursing and how Florence Nightingale influenced our profession. I’m not going to lie I am also really excited to see the London Eye, Big Ben, and Buckingham Palace! A little time to do some shopping would be nice too Winking face
Rose

About nurse_chicadee

Hello everyone, I am in the Masters Program for Nursing at IU East. I will be graduating in the Spring of 2016 with a Masters in Nursing Administration. I am currently in London, England studying for one of my classes, we are concentrating on the health care system of the UK and the history behind nursing. I am excited to share with you some of our awesome adventures here in London!