SGA on the Move

Hey, everybody, my name is Austin Barancin and I am a second year SGA member. I am also a senior majoring in biochemistry as I work towards getting into pharmacy school after graduation this spring. I am super busy this semester but when I get a minute I love to just relax around the house, play any kind of games, or just spend time not thinking about how much I should be doing. Now let’s move on to the third blog of the semester.

We have had two of our biggest student oriented events over the past week, Chat with the Chancellor and Howl About it. During Chat with the Chancellor, Chancellor Cruz-Uribe traveled from building to building accompanied by Rufus and her SGA entourage. While out and about the chancellor sought to answer the questions of the students directly. Students in all the buildings were given the opportunity to bring up complaints, concerns, or even just complements concerning how things are going here at IU East.cwc

Howl About It, while not being as cool as talking to the chancellor and a giant red wolf, gave the students another opportunity to bring up any issues or concerns about anything and everything that was happening at IU East. Tables were set up in Whitewater and Springwood so students could stop by and fill out a comment card. The Howl About It box was left at Brewfus Tuesday and Wednesday evening so we hope we got your comments. Students who participated were also entered into a drawing to win a $30 gift card for The Den/Brewfus. There were a total of 57 comment cards filled out, and congratulations to Adriane Ullery for being our lucky winner!

Speaking of ways to try and help voice of the students to be heard, at our last meeting SGA took some time to discuss rededicating ourselves to the betterment of the student experience. SGA is an organization that at its core is designed to help support students, student organizations, as well as the campus and community as a whole. With that in mind we look forward to our upcoming events including JACY House drive which extends from Oct.17-Oct.25, the Sculpture Contest Oct. 31-Nov. 3, and the annual Food Pantry Challenge running from Nov. 7-Nov. 18, and voting on any funding proposals student organizations bring forward in the meantime.

That’s all we have for now but feel free to stop by our next meeting on October 18 in the campus life conference room at 3:30. We welcome guests to our meetings who may have questions or who may just be interested in learning more about SGA.

-Your SGA

About yoursga

The members of SGA will use this blog to keep our readers up-to-date on what is going on with our organization!