Oct. 18th-31st

katieHello, my name is Katie Wooten.  I am a senior in the nursing program and minoring in communication.  This is my 3rd year as a member in SGA!  Outside of campus, I work as a certified nursing assistant, and in my few moments of free time, I enjoy taking naps, playing board or card games, catching up on my favorite shows, and spending time with family and friends.

So what’s going on with SGA?  Our last meeting took place on October 18th, where we discussed and planned our many exciting events that are coming up!  As Katelyn talked about in SGA’s last blog post, the JACY House Drive ended on October 25th, which was the night of the One Book presentation.  SGA’s Vice President, Lyndsie Trumbo, introduced Steve Pemberton!

SGA’s next big event this semester is the Food Pantry Drive!  This year the drive begins with a Sculpture Contest, where organizations on campus will be building sculptures out of donations for the food pantry.  The Sculpture Contest kicks off October 31st and ends November 3rd, which is Homecoming Week!  The traditional Food Pantry Drive will begin the following week November 7th and conclude November 18th.

Speaking of Homecoming Week, did you know that SGA funds the first place Talent Show prize?  The winner will receive $500 to purchase textbooks for the spring semester!  Good luck to all the talent show participants!

The winners of the Sculpture Contest and Talent Show will be announced November 3rd at the annual Bonfire—one of my personal favorite events!

Does YOUR student organization need funding or ideas for an event? Come to our next meeting to find out how we can help you!  SGA meetings are held every other Tuesday in the Campus Life Conference Room from 3:30-5pm.  Our next meeting is November 1st; we hope you will come join us!

About yoursga

The members of SGA will use this blog to keep our readers up-to-date on what is going on with our organization!