44th Annual Whitewater Valley Art Competition
Originating in 1978, the Whitewater Competition has a history of “open judging”, allowing the public to be present when the exhibit entries are accepted or declined for the online exhibit. In this spirit, digital images of entered works will be shared in a live jurying session online via zoom. Intervals in the judging will be scheduled for the public to interact with the three juror panel with regard to rationale related to acceptance or declination of works. Jurors will select 50-55 works for the exhibit. All art submissions will be juried electronically.
$4000 total award money
- 1st place: $2,000 in addition to a 2023 Solo Exhibition Invitation
- 2nd place: $1,000
- 3rd place: $500
- Honorable Mention: Two $250 Awards
- Chancellor’s Choice Purchase Award: Interim Chancellor Michelle Malott and included in the Indiana University East Public Art Collection.
Award Winners will also receive additional special promotion.
Entry DeadlineSunday, September 18, 2022
- Artists must be 18 years or older and reside in Indiana or adjacent states of Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois, or Michigan. All work must be original by the submitting artist and cannot have been exhibited in previous Whitewater Valley Art Competitions.
Registration Fee: $30 for up to 3 entries.
Artists may choose to submit three different views of each art piece. Artists submitting more than 3 separate art pieces will be eliminated from consideration.
Submission process via www.callforentry.org
- All visual art mediums (except for video and sound) are allowed. Examples of acceptable works include paintings, drawings, printmaking, digital artworks, photographs, ceramics, jewelry, sculpture, textiles, installation, and mixed media art pieces.
Conditions and Rules
- - By submitting work to be considered, artists grant permission to the IU East Art Gallery to reproduce accepted artwork for promotional uses in both printed and electronic forms.
- IU East will through pre-recorded & live-streamed video productions allow everyone throughout the country to view every piece of art that is accepted to our 43rd Annual Whitewater Valley Art Competition and view the award ceremony & judge’s comments.
- September 18, 11:59pm: Deadline to submit artwork via www.callforentry.org
- We cannot accept cash or entry fees paid through CallforEntry.org. Entry fees can be paid by calling the IU East campus Bursar's Office at (765) 973-8345 Monday through Friday between 9am-11am or 1pm-4pm, and specify the "Whitewater Valley Art Competition". If you pay by credit card, please enter “0000” as your check number on the website. Entry fees can also be paid by personal check, cashier's check, or money order and sent to the following address:
c/o Nate Kuznia, Gallery Coordinator
2325 Chester Blvd.
Richmond, IN 47374
All questions should be directed toward Art Director Carrie Longley at firstname.lastname@example.org.