In Spring 2020, Indiana University East partnered with Ivy Tech Community College to draft and sign a Guaranteed Admissions Agreement (GAA). Effective June 1, 2020, Ivy Tech Community College students who complete a specified associate degree, the Statewide Transfer General Education Core, and other stated eligibility requirements will be guaranteed admission into their baccalaureate program at IU in their area of study.
Under the GAA, students have the opportunity to:
- Reach general education and associate degree milestones prior to transferring to IU.
- Satisfy academic requirements and initiate educational planning through the IU bachelor’s degree map.
Guaranteed Admission to IU East will require the following:
- Complete an Associate's Degree of Science at Ivy Tech Community College. STGEC completion must notate on student’s ITCC transcript. Students must meet IU East admission deadlines and send official Ivy Tech transcripts. Students are encouraged to apply to IU East at least six months in advance) for maximum scholarship and other considerations.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or higher in the AS degree at Ivy Tech Community.
- Once enrolled at IU East, students will be subject to all IU East academic policies and student code of conduct as is the case for all other admitted.
- Students who are admitted under this GAA will be awarded no less than 60 semester hours of transfer credit toward their bachelor’s degree. Students may be required to complete more than 120 total credits (or more than 60 credits at IU East) if courses have not been maximized at Ivy Tech or if the student has changed majors. Students must select the most degree-applicable courses before transferring. Students must also meet IU East's minimum grade requirements for specific courses and program requirement grade point averages. If ‘D’ grades are earned in any courses, or if credit was earned by examination of any type, it will be reevaluated to determine if the content has been satisfied.
- Students who are not in good academic standing at any institution are exempt from any guaranteed admission to IU East. Students who are not in good academic standing will be reviewed on an individual basis for admission and will have earlier deadlines.
- Students with prior academic or criminal misconduct are exempt from any guaranteed admission to IU East. Students with prior academic or criminal misconduct will be reviewed on an individual basis for admission and will have earlier deadlines.
Not all Ivy Tech associate degree or IU degree pathways are available under the GAA. Additionally, as this agreement covers progress towards single bachelor degree pathways at IU, students selecting to double major at IU should seek guidance from an IU advisor in their majors of interest as soon as possible to discuss program requirements.
These are the current majors that are part of the program:
- Criminal Justice: AS in Criminal Justice TSAP to Criminal Justice BS
- Psychology: AS in Psychology TSAP to Psychology BA
- Business Administration