Dispute a charge

Understand (and dispute) fees on your bill

Contact the Office of Student Accounts (Bursar) with questions about:

  • Tuition
  • Mandatory fees
  • Program fees
  • Course-related fees
  • Drop/add fees
  • Schedule change fees
  • Late fees

What documentation is required?

University error

You must provide a dated letter on university letterhead from the appropriate university official or department citing university error. If you are unable to obtain the letter, you may substitute documentation of your attempts to get the letter.

Recent medical condition

Your medical provider must complete the Bursar medical documentation form.

Immediate family emergency

  • Death: You must provide a death certificate or obituary notice.
  • Severe illness: You must provide a dated letter on letterhead from the attending physician containing the dates of occurrence, nature, and severity of your relative’s illness or injury.

Transfer to another university

You must provide official enrollment verification on letterhead with a university seal from another university containing dates and term attended.