Tax information

Ready to file your income taxes? Here’s what you need to know.

The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 creates income tax benefits for students with qualified education expenses who attend eligible institutions. As an IU East student, you may qualify for:

Talk with your tax preparer or tax advisor to determine whether you’re eligible for any of these education tax credits. IU East does not provide tax advice.

Get the form you need

If you qualify for one of the credits, you’ll need to include a Form 1098-T each year when you file your taxes.

You can sign up to get your Form 1098-T electronically. We must have your Social Security number (SSN) to produce your form, so make sure you submit it when you sign up.

Have questions about your 1098-T?

Indiana University Financial Management Services (FMS) produces all tax documents and can assist with questions such as:

  • What information is contained on Form 1098-T?
  • Why did I not receive a Form 1098-T?
  • How do I request a duplicate or corrected Form 1098-T?
  • Why do the amounts not match my records?

Learn about taxes and education credits