Military Transfer Credit

Transfer Credit Policy

  • The acceptance of transfer credit is determined by the educational quality and accreditation of the institution from which the student is transferring and the applicability of credit earned to degree programs offered at Indiana University East to include nature, content and level of credit.
  • AP (Advanced Placement), CLEP and DSST Exams are also considered for transfer credit upon receipt of “official” transcripts and qualifying test scores.
  • Military credit is also considered upon receipt of an official transcript from the Community College of the Air Force or a Joint Service Transcript (JST).
  • Only courses with a grade of C or better are considered for awarding of transfer credit. If courses are not considered transferrable for reasons other than grade, or if the student feels that the equivalent course awarded is not the desired equivalency, that student may appeal the decision by contacting the Transfer Coordinator.
  • The student may request that a faculty member review a course description or syllabus to determine whether or not the course in question is transferrable or can be changed per the student’s request. This is the “final” approving authority.
  • After a transfer credit evaluation is complete the student’s credits are added to the IU transcripts only. No grades or grade values for transfer credit will be added to the IU transcripts.
  • Individual schools and departments at IU determine how transferred credits will apply toward your degree requirements. All credits will be converted to semester hours.
  • Courses for which IU does not have an equivalent offering can sometimes be transferred as undistributed (UNDI) or elective credits. The decision as to how these credits will fit into your degree program will be made by the school or division in which you will pursue your degree.
  • No more than 64 semester credit hours earned from a 2-year community college may be applied to any Indiana University baccalaureate degree system-wide.

Sunshine “Sunny” Wright
Whitewater Hall, Rm. 151H
Transfer/Military Credit Coordinator
Office: (765) 973-8416
sunwrigh(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)