Tuition Assistance

Each service branch provides tuition assistance for voluntary off-duty education programs for active duty, National Guard, and Reserve Component service members. The application process varies by branch. Eligible service members must receive approval from an Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within the Military Service prior to enrolling.

Once you have approval, you will need to complete the following steps:

  1.  Create an account with your specific branch of the military:
  2. If you have not already met with your academic advisor at IU East, you will need to do so and complete your course registration.
  3. Apply for tuition assistance according to the guidelines for your branch of the military.
  4. Contact Student Records at earecord(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign) to notify us that you will be using tuition assistance and which branch you are serving so we can complete the necessary process at the end of the semester.
  5. If you are a student using the military Tuition Assistance program and you have questions about non-military financial aid please visit Red Wolf Central to learn about how to Apply for Financial Aid.
  6. If you are awarded tuition assistance, please let the Bursar’s Office know by submitting your tuition assistance authorization. If you have further questions about the sponsored student process, visit Red Wolf Central’s Payments from Sponsors page.