Change your major

Thinking of taking a different path?

Maybe you’ve decided that your chosen major isn’t for you, or perhaps you want to add a second major! It’s easy to change or add a major/minor.

Step 1: Talk to your current advisor

Contact your academic advisor to discuss your current progress and how it might apply to the program requirements of your desired major/minor. You can review your academic progress and plan of study through your planner and academic advisement report. Your advisor can assist you in using these tools to make the best decisions about your academic goals.

Find your current advisor

Step 2: Work with your new academic advisor

Changing your major will typically mean that you will have a new academic advisor. You will need to take, or scan and email, the completed Change of Major/Minor form to your new academic advisor for their review and signature; he or she will then send the completed form to the Office of the Registrar for processing.

Schedule a meeting with your new advisor to discuss your new program's requirements and plan your new path!

Find your new advisor