In addition to providing the IU East community with information and resources about sexual violence and misconduct on the Safety at IU East website, we also strive to raise awareness about healthy relationships, sexual health, etc throughout the Healthy at IU East website and by hosting a number of events during Sexual Assault Awareness Month every April. Watch for announcements on the IU East Events Calendar, in your email, and around campus.
- Social Media Campaign all month long on @IUEastTitleIX on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Day of Action: A day to focus awareness on sexual violence prevention including a resource table, swag and prizes, and Paint the Campus TEAL when students can paint their name on campus windows in support or express themselves artistically through sidewalk chalk.
- Let's Talk Series on WCTV: Watch for a diverse discussion about resources and how to support victims hosted by the School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- GLSEN Day of Silence: A national demonstration where LGBTQ students and allies around the country take a vow of silence to protest the harmful effects of harassment and discrimination of LGBTQ people in schools. The event will include a keynote address, as well as an observed moment of silence. Later that evening, join us for a virtual Breaking the Silence event!
- Denim Day: Wear jeans with a purpose. Make a fashion statement and wear jeans as a visible means of protest against the misconceptions that surround sexual assault. Share your Denim Day images using the hashtag #IUEDenimDay.